Teeth whitening is one of the most widely used cosmetic dental procedures available to patients today. Given how readily teeth become stained and how much value individuals place on having attractive smiles, it is easy to understand. Over time, even the most attentive daily dental practices won’t be enough to keep your teeth pearly white. Several people choose laser therapy in Grande Prairie to achieve the whitest, brightest smile and possible teeth. There are still more decisions to be made even after that one. After all, there are numerous ways to get whiter teeth.
In this article, we’d like to introduce you to one of the most frequent and well-liked methods for cosmetic teeth whitening near you: laser whitening. The benefits and drawbacks of this cosmetic dentistry procedure, as well as everything you need to know about laser whitening that you may obtain from a dentist in Grande Prairie, are listed below.
How are Laser Treatments Performed?
The following easy steps are involved in the dental office’s laser teeth-whitening process:
- To keep your mouth open, the dentist will insert a rubber band or a plastic guard.
- To shield your gums from the bleaching process and avoid gum burning and irritation, they will apply a barrier over them.
- Your dentist will delicately use the whitening gel on your teeth when the barrier has formed.
- In order to activate the gel, they will utilize a pen laser.
- The gel will foam, indicating that it is effectively removing dental stains.
- For a short period of time, the gel is applied to your teeth. After that, your dentist will extract it using a little suction. After your teeth are the desired color, the dentist may repeat these procedures up to three or four times.
- Your dentist will rinse your mouth and scrape off the covering that covers your gums.
How Long Does the Laser Treatment Last?
With laser teeth whitening, tooth discoloration can be significantly reduced.
In comparison to at-home whitening products, the chemicals used in this process are frequently stronger. Therefore, laser teeth whitening is more effective and has quicker results than at-home solutions like whitening toothpaste or daily strips.
The effects of the bleaching are temporary and might go away in a few months to three years. Compared to the majority of other treatments, like whitening toothpaste and strips, this takes a longer period of time.
Your outcomes and how long they persist will depend on a number of variables, such as:
- Color of your original teeth
- Your lifestyle
- Frequency of treatments
- Bleaching gel and lasers
You’ll probably need three or four sessions of laser therapy near you in total for the best effects.
Benefits of Using Laser Dentistry Over Other Methods
Noted below are just a few of the many benefits this service provides:
- One laser teeth-whitening session is all it takes to see results.
- The patient does not need to utilize any tools or procedures at home because the dentist completes the entire procedure in the office.
- Compared to take-home products, the results of the whitening are seen more quickly.
- The likelihood of difficulties like soft tissue burns or harm to the nerves inside the teeth is decreased when a dentist near you performs the operation.
What Risks are Associated with Laser Dentistry?
The use of laser tooth whitening is not risk-free. Potential negative consequences include:
- Gum damage or irritation
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Damage tooth pulp
- Increased risk of tooth erosion or decay
- Loss of fluoride and minerals in the teeth
The use of laser tooth whitening on crowns or dentures does not work. The operation might not be suitable for you if either of these devices is in your front teeth.
Find a Dentist in Grande Prairie
When compared with at home teeth whitening treatments, laser teeth whitening is effective. If you are searching for a dentist in Grande Prairie, you can reach out to Northern Dental Centre. Our dentist can help you understand laser teeth whitening better.